Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bald Eagle




Canon
70-200mm lens
180mm f/3.5 1/250



Recently, I had an urge to revisit some previous wonderful experiences that I encountered many years ago.

On a trip to Alaska back in the late 90's I had encountered one of the most breath taking experiences of my life.

From all of the beautiful green trees and landscapes to pure white snow covered peeks and valleys, there was something I was totally amazed by, it was a bald eagle soaring in the wild, now I know typically you would hope to see this while in that region, but until you are right there just taking in the wonderful natural surroundings and then it happens, this feeling is amazing and for me it only got better once I knew what to look for and where.

There was whale watching and moose running free but nothing compares to seeing this enormous bird soaring in the wild. The bright white head and enormous wingspan it is truly amazing.

So, needles to say I have snapshots but do you remember the days before digital???
Yeah that's right there was this little thing called film... You know those rolls of negatives that you may have lost or never took in to have printed on 4x6 paper! Do you know what I'm talking about.

Recently I took a trip to a zoo and I was able to have a little photo shoot with several of the animals, but my favorite were the snaps I got of the birds and monkeys, mostly because of the glass(Lens) I was using.

I had to shoot through plexiglass and net mesh in order to expose these wonderful creatures.
I had a lot of fun.

Well I hope you enjoy my Eagle and please click on Absolute Elegance Viewing in order to see or purchase some of my finest work.

Enjoy,

No comments: